Sponsored by the PFT, Independence Blue Cross, Perelman School of Medicine, UPenn, and State Rep. Malcolm Kenyatta.
Free resources and materials from state, city, university, and community organizations on asthma triggers, pest management, cleaning products, smoking cessation, air quality, and more!
THIS EVENT IS FREE AND OPEN TO THE PUBLIC!
- Nurses/nurse practitioners from Education Plus Health: teaching proper inhaler and spacer use, how to create an asthma action plan with samples, asthma health information
- Officials from the Environmental Protection Agency: materials on air quality indoors and out, some geared for children
- Penn State Integrated Pest Management
- Air Quality Partnership of the Delaware Valley Regional Planning Commission: learn about and sign up for Air Quality Index Alerts
- Center of Excellence in Environmental Toxicology University of Pennsylvania: information on asthma triggers in the home, information on asthma and smoking cessation, giving away green cleaning kits (from Amerihealth Caritas)
- Lead and Healthy Homes Program City of Philadelphia: raffling HEPA vacuum and dust mite bedding protectors, giving away pillow protectors and green cleaning products
- Restore Repair Renew Program: learn how to apply for low-cost loans for needed home repair
- Public Citizens for Children and Youth: Child Healthwatch Helpline, signing people up for CHIP
- Games for Kids and Halloween-Themed Snacks!